Tuesday, January 2, 2018

PRESCHOOL 2020-21

Welcome to Homegrown Preschool! 


I am excited to offer preschool again this fall! After five successful years of teaching in Kaysville, I look forward to another wonderful preschool group in 2020-21. My purpose in teaching preschool is to create a fun and personal learning opportunity for the students and to provide financial support for my missionary sons and daughters.


I will accept registration for up to eight students for the 2020-21 school year. Students must be Fall 2021 Kindergarten eligible and be fully potty-trained.




Curriculum:
*Our preschool morning begins with rug activities, music, the Pledge of Allegiance, calendar time, our weather chart, and an opening prayer. We also have daily practice of personal skills such as name, parents' names, phone #, address, birthday, etc.


*Basic preschool skills such as color recognition, counting, cutting, coloring, etc. are also emphasized.


*Each day we focus on letter recognition and phonemic awareness using the Sing, Read and Write with Brite phonics music program. In addition to teaching letters and basic sounds, we also learn the Manual Alphabet.


*We study math, numbers, calendar skills, shapes, etc.



*Additional Brite Music (britemusic.com) and other children's music are part of our daily routine, teaching character, values, safety skills and rhythm through music. I play the piano and guitar and use music to provide physical movement and fun along with other simple songs to teach colors, numbers, months and other preschool facts.


*Reading is an important part of each day as we enjoy a variety of children's literature together. I emphasize writing and have a daily activity to teach hand-eye coordination and correct formation of letters.


*Our day in the classroom is divided between rug-time and desk-time so that children learn correct posture and pencil grip and are prepared for kindergarten.



*We spend time each day in free play, either inside or outside, practicing social skills and learning basic PE skills such as pumping a swing, galloping, skipping, jumping a rope, balancing, kicking a ball, etc.


*Each week includes arts and crafts activities.


*I send a weekly email or text with photos and information to keep parents updated on our adventures.



*I test students on basic preschool knowledge three times during the year to help me gauge my teaching and better assist their learning.



Classroom:
Preschool is held in my school room, complete with a desk and chair for each student, sitting mats, calendar, learning tools and charts. Come to the outside entrance marked by the welcome easel.





Field Trips:
We take three optional field trips during the school year. Schedule TBA.



Registration:
Fill out the registration form here. Once your child has been accepted, please submit a non-refundable $30 materials fee. When preschool begins, I ask parents to sign an accident waiver and photo release.


Tuition:
$80 per month for 8 sessions. Tuition is due on the first class of every month or may be paid by semester, Sep - Jan or Feb - May, ($320).


Schedule:
School begins Tuesday, September 8th and ends Thursday, May 13th for a total of 64 sessions. We meet Tuesdays 9-11am and Thursdays 9-11am.



Qualifications:
I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Elementary Education from Brigham Young University. Much of my training has also come as the mother of ten children. I worked as the music instructor for Cumorah Academy in Las Vegas, Nevada, grades K - 8, 2005-2007.  I taught preschool in my home in Las Vegas, Nevada and Casper, Wyoming.



Feedback from a teacher:

I just wanted to tell you how awesome your “preschoolers” are doing! I am so excited with how well prepared they are for kindergarten. This year we had all of the parents fill out a questionnaire regarding preschool. As I look over the data, every child who attended preschool with you came READY! I’m not surprised…I’ve always admired your talents with kids, but just wanted to let you know! 

-Jena Crockett, Kindergarten Teacher, Snow Horse Elementary

Feedback from a parent:

"Nettie's preschool has been such a wonderful experience this year. She's the perfect preschool teacher!  She is kind, caring and has a special way of making the students love to learn. My son has grown so much academically and socially.  I couldn't have asked for a better preschool!"



Contact:
Feel free to email me with any questions: nettiefrancis@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Once it is approved it will appear on the post.